Clinton Edges out All Major Republican Candidates, Ties Carson
The latest poll by Public Polling Policy has revealed that Hillary Clinton beat all the major Republican candidates in head-to-head polls, including Donald Trump, but only managed to tie Ben Carson. Joe Biden also polled well, while Bernie Sanders lost to the candidates he was pitted against.
Who would you vote for?
- Hillary Clinton 46% – Donald Trump 44%
- Hillary Clinton 46% – Jeb Bush 42%
- Hillary Clinton 44% – Ben Carson 44%
- Hillary Clinton 47% – Marco Rubio 43%
- Hillary Clinton 45% – Carly Fiorina 43%
- Hillary Clinton 47% – Ted Cruz 42%
- Joe Biden 47% – Donald Trump 41%
- Joe Biden 44% – Jeb Bush 41%
- Bernie Sanders 42% – Donald Trump 43%
- Bernie Sanders 40% – Jeb Bush 41%
- Hillary Clinton 42% – Jeb Bush 23% – Donald Trump 27%
Clinton matched up very well against the major Republican candidates. She narrowly edged out trump, tied Carson, and beat out the other candidates with varying degrees of separation. While she may not be viewed as the most attractive candidate, she has name recognition, and continues to hold onto her lead.
Biden is a popular candidate, but he hasn’t officially declared a presidential run. He maintains a strong position in the polls and it will likely grow if he announces his campaign. For Sanders, he continues to fight hard in the campaign, but has struggled to grow his lead in the last week. He is still a legitimate candidate who will need to work harder to decrease Clinton’s lead.
Photo credit: Desmoines Register.